lynx-dev Removing HTACL.*, HTAAFile.*: rationale

From: John Bley
Subject: lynx-dev Removing HTACL.*, HTAAFile.*: rationale
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 22:13:21 -0500 (EST)

The files HTACL.{c,h} and HTAAFile.{c,h} define the following constants
and functions:
 FIELD_SEPARATOR, LIST_SEPARATOR, HTAAFile_nextRec, HTAAFile_readField,
 HTAAFile_readList, HTAA_openAcl, HTAA_closeAcl, HTAA_getAclEntry

HTPasswd.c and HTAAServ.c #include the .h files and call a few of the
functions, but I've already argued that they should be removed.
HTAAProt.c #includes HTAAFile.h but doesn't use anything in it.

Other than that, no files other than the set of 4 redeclares or uses any
of these functions or constants.

It is perfectly safe to remove these four files from the distribution,
assuming that the previous set of 6 I posted is snipped, the makefile
is changed, and HTAAProt.c is patched to not #include HTAAFile.h.

This is a 18K snip if performed.
--
John Bley - address@hidden
Duke '99 - English/Computer Science