Re: lynx-dev lynx-2.8.2dev19 commandline patch

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx-2.8.2dev19 commandline patch
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 21:35:00 +0300 (MSK)

15-Mar-99 11:40 address@hidden wrote:
>> >   Was it integrated?
>>
>> That would be a question for Tom Dickey.  Unless you mean whether it has
>> already appeared in a new 2.8.2dev.N package, you can answer that for
>> yourself by checking <http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/current/>, specifically
>> the CHANGES file.   (In this case the answer is No.)

> I have this one on my list (haven't decided yet whether there are any
> problems to resolve).  Expect dev.20 around Wednesday.

I saw nearly 4 entries for "startfile" in LYMain.c for a while:

    StrAllocCopy(startfile, STARTFILE);
    LYTrimHead(startfile);
    if (!strncasecomp(startfile, "lynxexec:", 9) ||
        !strncasecomp(startfile, "lynxprog:", 9)) {
        /*
         *  The original implementations of these schemes expected
         *  white space without hex escaping, and did not check
         *  for hex escaping, so we'll continue to support that,
         *  until that code is redone in conformance with SGML
         *  principles.  - FM
         */
        HTUnEscapeSome(startfile, " \r\n\t");
        convert_to_spaces(startfile, TRUE);
    }

This may be picked up with LYTrimStartfile() or so.