Re: lynx-dev Re: 'reloading' lynx.cfg

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: 'reloading' lynx.cfg
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 05:23:44 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 25 Jul 1999, Michael Warner wrote:
> On or about 23 Jul, 1999, Klaus Weide
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Looking closer at those sections of code now, they seem wrong.
> > If it's necessary to temporarily store a way of the cookie file
> > name, that should not be done as (currently)
> >
> >         char * LYCookieFile_flag = LYCookieFile;
> >
> > but something like
> >
> >         char * LYCookieFile_flag = NULL;
> >         StrAllocCopy(LYCookieFile_flag, LYCookieFile);
> >
> > (and a 'FREE(LYCookieFile_flag)' at the end) is needed.
> >
> > Could you try with the changes above?
>
> I'll give it a shot, but be forewarned - given my rudimentary C
> skills, any increase in the specifity of the instructions will
> greatly increase the confidence level of the results :).

In case you were still waiting for more specific instructions -
there isn't much to add. :)

Just replace the one line with the two lines, as I already wrote;
and add
           FREE(LYCookieFile_flag)
jsut before the #endif that ends the second '#ifdef EXP_PERSISTENT_COOKIES'
section in 'PUBLIC void reload_read_cfg NOARGS'.

   Klaus