lynx-dev lynx -source problem

From: Jerry L. Kazdan
Subject: lynx-dev lynx -source problem
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 19:03:29 -0400 (EDT)

Because of some changes the New York Times made to their website, when
I attempt something like

lynx  -source   -auth=Userid:address@hidden://www.nytimes.com/...  > MyFile

I am again asked for my userid and passwd.  Since this is part of an
automated script, the program gets hung.

Based on many  experiments I have done to untangle this, it seems
(likely) that

        linux -source <ComplicatedTargetURL>

somehow informs the TargetURL that this is not being sent to the
screen.  I base this on the fact that without the "-source" the command

        lynx  <ComplicatedTargetURL>

with the identical ComplicatedTargetURL  works perfectly.

==>  Thus my question: do you have any suggestions how to modify the source
     code so that the TargetURL is not informed of the "-source" on the
     command line?

        Thanks,
        Jerry