Re: lynx-dev Re: is there a way? (to download from a *.nsf page ala MSI

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: is there a way? (to download from a *.nsf page ala MSIE)
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 17:41:26 +0900 (JST)

> > Had to get new drivers for an old nic.  I was able to get as far as
> > "http://twanina0.acer.com.tw/app/download.nsf/By+Model+No?OpenView&CollapseView&StartKey=ALN-201";,
> > but I could not figure out any way to get the file I wanted: "a201v320.zip."
> >
> > Another problem with the same page is that Lynx seems to
> > think there is "big5" in it, and gives me a prompt to either
> > d)ownload or c)ancel.  How can I force Lynx to render it?
>
> I got the same result when I tried last week, but tonight with

I appreciate you're looking at this.  Of course my interest is to
eventually try to predict enough of the *.nsf format that I could
pass it through a filter based on the mime.type/mailcap entry in order
to formulate all links on a page to pass on to Lynx.

> I tried to go back to get a trace, but now I'm timing out before

I'll keep trying, too.  Our network seems to be collapsing around us
again (like 5 or 6 bytes/sec [no, i did not forget the 'k']), though,
so I don't know when.

> Anyway, if you haven't already got it, there's (temporarily) a
> copy of the file you wanted at:

Thanks.  I did get the file, but by using MSIE.  Did you get it with Lynx?
If so, could you give me some pointers on how to wade through that stuff
to construct the necessary URLs?  The number of sites offering that kind
of Windows9? auto-download seems to be on the rise.  I have a suspicion the
sites are doing it so they don't have to have anonymous ftp on their systems.

__Henry