Re: lynx-dev SOURCE_CACHE "problem" - proposal of SOURCE_CACHE_FOR_IN

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev SOURCE_CACHE "problem" - proposal of SOURCE_CACHE_FOR_INCOMPLETE
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 17:07:37 +0500 (SAMST)

On Sat, 8 Apr 2000, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> 8-Apr-2000 13:48 Vlad Harchev wrote:
> >    May be it would still be better to provide lynx.cfg option to allow
> > selecting either of 4 options above since there is no consenus:
>
> > SOURCE_CACHE_FOR_INTERUPTED:
> >       values are:
> > OK             variant 1
> > PREVIOUS_OR_OK variant 1a
> > DROP          variant 2
> > PREVIOUS_OR_DROP variant 3
>
> >  As for default, I propose PREVIOUS_OR_OK.
>
> >  What do you think?
>
> Oh, please no!
> No new user option for this exotic (mis)feature.

  I disagree with you.

> What would be nice is to add a user prompt
> when s/he try switching to source made when the data transfer
> happen to be interrupted on the previous stage.
>
> Something like:
> "the document was received incomplete,
> would you like to reload it from the network? (y/n)"

  I wonder why _you_ propose this. Seems you don't have cable modem :) - do
you really want that behaviour personally?
  As for me, I'm very contrary to that (IMO lynx will become as "wise" as MS
products are). I won't implement this behaviour and will object against
including it into lynx.

> Hope Klaus will agree with it.

  Will see. Probably restoring unconditionally old behaviour will be elected,
or variant PW's 1a variant.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad