lynx-dev another url to replace in user's guide

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev another url to replace in user's guide
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 10:36:08 -0400 (EDT)

In the user's guide discussion of lynx trying alternative URLs, the
example of

Lynx also will attempt to create a complete URL if you include
   adequate portions of it in the startfile argument. For example:
1234.6789.1234.6789.1234.6789.1234.6789.1234.6789.1234.6789.1234.6789.1234.6789
                 wfbr          will be expanded to:
      http://www.wfbr.edu/     and:
             ftp.more.net/pub  will be expanded to:
       ftp://ftp.more.net/pub

   See [45]URL Schemes Supported by Lynx for more detailed information.

is used.

However, the latest lynx ends up guessing many different extensions and then
generates an error msg saying that it is a badly formed address that fails.

I suspect we should choose some other example that is 'safe' regardless
of what extension matches...

--
Larry W. Virden <mailto:address@hidden>
-><-