lynx-dev color-style and S-Lang: explain in INSTALLATION and configure?

From: Frederic L . W . Meunier
Subject: lynx-dev color-style and S-Lang: explain in INSTALLATION and configure?
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 09:59:44 -0300

Hello. Since we're reaching a new release and pre7 adds something
about gpm on console in lynx.cfg I thought I'd ask for this too.
We all know that the experimental color-style doesn't work when
--with-screen=slang is used. I'm not here to ask for such
implementation (would be good of course), only to make things
clear.

My proposals are as follows:

- Talk about in INSTALLATION.

- Add it to configure, to avoid people doing a ./configure --help
and inadvertently use both options.

- May be not as easy, but automatically disable color-style if
both are passed to configure, maintaining only --with-screen=slang.

The last time I accidentaly used both switches configure just
died saying that color-style was unsupported. I had to rerun it.

Tom? Objections?

And I'm sorry if this is already fixed. I don't have the sources in
hand to check.

BTW, another point I'm missing. Is there a way to disable built-in
telnet support?

--
Frédéric L. W. Meunier