Re: lynx-dev Anyone have a suggested new url for user guide

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Anyone have a suggested new url for user guide
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 22:42:37 +0100 (BST)

> Don't know much about it, but if one point you're addressing is the
> document declaration for the Lynx help/doc files, I don't think it
> would be too hard to move up to http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd.

I can think of no reason why Lynx documentation should be written against
the deprecated Transitional DTD.  At least from the documents linked from
lynx.browser.org, the only thing that really locks the documentation into
HTML 3.0 is the TAB, physical markup, element that never made it into
the commercial  browsers.  Otherwise it looks like it would validate
against HTML 4.0 or 4.01 Strict.

I'd also point out that HTML 4.01 is not the current HTML standard; that's
XHTML 1.0.

On the other hand, it is a good thing to use the minimum HTML level
consistent with doing the job.