Re: lynx-dev Newbie Question.

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Newbie Question.
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 11:46:43 -0400

000424 pAb-032871 wrote:
> I come up with a lot of ideas.  The chance to share information,
> and possibly be of assistance to someone on a completely different
> hardware/software platform appeals, but I don't want to be rude,
> appear stupid or go over things that have already been discussed to death.
> I also don't want to give bad advice.

it's not clear what you mean.
lynx-dev is a long-established meeting-place for developers & users,
where we tend to know one another's strengths, weaknesses & eccentricities;
it's been a bit quiet recently, but that could change very quickly.
we have vigorous debates sometimes, but usually remain parliamentary;
consensus rules, tho' as tireless co-ordinator TD gets the final word.

if you have advice for users who send in problems (eg the  8  yesterday),
by all means speak up: the danger is that problems may go unnoticed;
if you're stupid, someone will probably inform you of the fact politely.
topics which keep coming up are tables & Javascript,
mainly because no-one has found time & will-power to tackle them.

if you are a Mac user, you do fill a gap.
any chance you could try porting 2-8-3 to the Mac OS ?
you might learn some useful things for yourself in the process.