lynx-dev Undeclared function + URL scheme question

From: Jerome LAURET
Subject: lynx-dev Undeclared function + URL scheme question
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 21:03:23 -0400

        Just a short message for VMS compilation report ...

        Apart from the %CC-I-QUESTCOMPARE, message already reported,
this is new and I beleive it should be fixed -->

$ cc LYexit

    cleanup_files();    /* if someone starts with LYNXfoo: page */
....^
%CC-I-IMPLICITFUNC, In this statement, the identifier "cleanup_files" is implici
tly declared as a function.
at line number 156 in file LYEXIT.C

        This message is initiated because there is a missing declaration of
that function in LYexit.c (or related header file).

        Now, I don't know why but the "Alert!: Unsupported URL scheme!" problem
got back in the distribution whenever one tries to open a local file with a
VMS path like Logical:file.html i.e. "$ lynx Logical:file.html" would fail with
the above message. Is this going to be unsuported ? (understandable).

                  Jerome LAURET S.U.N.Y. @ Stony Brook
       ,,,,,      Dept. of Chemistry
      ( o o )     Stony Brook NY 11794-3400
  E-mail: address@hidden