Re: lynx-dev VMS compilation and Slang

From: Jerome LAURET
Subject: Re: lynx-dev VMS compilation and Slang
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 22:45:14 -0400

> From: SMTP%"address@hidden" 29-APR-2000 22:03:17.63
> To:   JLAURET
> CC:
> Subj: Re: lynx-dev VMS compilation and Slang

Klaus Weide wrote
[...]

|>      Here is a short report of compilation of the lynx-current developpement
|> kit for OpenVMS7.2 Alpha using Compaq C V6.2 (my last posting did not specify
|> the environment) using Slang support :
|>
|> $ cc LYCurses
|>
|>     touchwin(stdscr);
|> ....^
|> %CC-I-IMPLICITFUNC, In this statement, the identifier "touchwin" is
implicitly d
|> eclared as a function.
|> at line number 1363 in file LYCURSES.C
|

|It looks like the VMS-specific #if in the followign is in the wrong place -
|for USE_SLANG, SLsmg_touch_lines() should be used instead of touchwin().
|The lynx code should never see "touchwin" if slang is used.  But it
|obviously does, in the following:

        One thing for sure : I was wrong in including <curses.h> because
it creates a bunch of new warnings. So, please IGNORE this suggestion.

$ delete [...]*.obj;*
$ delete [...]*.olb;*
$ @build-slang.com

        I still get this ...

$ cc LYCurses

    touchwin(stdscr);
....^
%CC-I-IMPLICITFUNC, In this statement, the identifier "touchwin" is implicitly d
eclared as a function.
at line number 1363 in file LYCURSES.C

        Note that the compilation options

/DEFINE=(ACCESS_AUTH,MULTINET,_DECC_V4_SOURCE,__SOCKET_TYPEDEFS,USE_SLANG,__VMS_CURSES)

        would make the branching

#if defined(VMS) && !defined(_BSD44_CURSES)
    ^^ TRUE      && ! FALSE  == TRUE

        so, line 1363 is reached. The correct switches should be

#if defined(VMS) && !defined(_BSD44_CURSES) && !defined(USE_SLANG)

i.e. TRUE        && ! FALSE                 && ! TRUE == FALSE

        and things goes smoothly afterward ...

        In short : I spoke too fast. What was wrong is not a missing include
file but incomplete defined() !defined() pre-processor directives. Mea maxima
culpa ...

        I still maintain the following : colors are enabled only if I
use -color explicitly regardless of my terminal setting, lynx.cfg settings,
lynx.lss etc ...

                  Jerome LAURET S.U.N.Y. @ Stony Brook
       ,,,,,      Dept. of Chemistry
      ( o o )     Stony Brook NY 11794-3400