Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx should respect LANG

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx should respect LANG
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 12:02:41 +0900 (JST)

> Comments?

PLEASE, DON'T do it.  A VERY complex and intelligent wrapper that
would handle the four or so environment variables concerning encoding
and NLS, set paths to specific help/doc files, and be sure terminal
and console settings are sane could be written with less words than
the explanation you proposed for lynx.cfg alone, not even considering
the extra parsing of lynx.cfg and coding for lynx.  Why do it?

I mean lynx.cfg is way too big.  (And don't give me that "use includes"
jive; 50 x 2.6k still equals 130k.)  Is any end to come to this madness?

__Henry