Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx should respect LANG

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx should respect LANG
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 15:35:07 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 25 May 2000, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> On Wed, 24 May 2000, Klaus Weide wrote:
> > It's ugly, it's overhead, it's system-dependent.
>
>   Of course. And in the worst case the script will be 60K big.
>
>   But seems there is an even better approach - why don't do all customizations
> only once in the script like lynx-setup, that will ask user for something
> (probably) and modify lynx.cfg and user's .lynxrc (too bad we have to do it
> for each user, or provide hacks to share default .lynxrc that lynx will use
> when called). What do you think about this?

I already pointed Atsuhito Kohda to

    <http://surfchem0.riken.go.jp/~kubota/linuxwork/language-env.html>
    <http://packages.debian.org/language-env>

(or he already knew about it).  Have a look at it.
I think he should add ad module for lynx to it.

But that's very Debian-specific.  And there are probably good reasons
why that machanism hasn't widely caught on (even within Debian, it seems).
It only supports 4 or so languages.  It does too many things, and
different ones for each of them.

   Klaus