Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx: can't run without a terminal

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx: can't run without a terminal
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 19:45:45 -0400

On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 04:22:18PM -0500, Klaus Weide wrote:
> > I have a cronjob which runs Lynx to get some information and sends it
> > to me via email. This has stopped working with a recent Lynx upgrade;
> > now I just get email saying "your terminal lacks the ability to
> > clear the screen" or something like that (I don't remember the wording).
> >
> > The script uses lynx -dump, which should run without a controlling
> > terminal.
>
> Last I checked [*], it doesn't really require a terminal, controlling or
> otherwise, it just wants a non-dumb $TERM.  You can fake it.

_how_ dumb?  I just ran this

TERM=dumb lynx -dump .

where TERM is

#       Reconstructed via infocmp from file: /usr/share/terminfo/d/dumb
dumb|80-column dumb tty,
        am,
        cols#80,
        bel=^G, cr=^M, cud1=^J, ind=^J,

You're apparently talking about the slang configuration...

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com