Re: lynx-dev bytes sec?

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev bytes sec?
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:22:12 +0900 (JST)

> `byts/kb
> none
> option what i would change to
> remove the bytes/sec
> completely?

I am not aware of a compile-time option to
completely remove the download rate.

> however, i recall
> that the sailor
> edition, used at the telnet provided by the
> state of maryland public library uses it also.
>
> in fact every edition of lynx i have ever used
> at a service,
> not my stand alone edition

That suggests to me that your "stand alone
edition" was modified (hacked) at the source
code level to not show the download rate.

If you want a patch to do that, write me and I'll
see if I can do it this Saturday.  (Unless there
turns out to be a compile-time option.)

__Henry