Re: lynx-dev -anonymous restrictions not set correctly.

From: Rob Cameron
Subject: Re: lynx-dev -anonymous restrictions not set correctly.
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 13:07:59 -0800 (PST)

>> It would also seem that every CAN_ANONYMOUS.. variable in userdefs.h
>> should be inspected here (or elsewhere) in order that the
>> configurations specified in userdefs.h take effect.  I can't
>> figure out how that happens.
>
>that's a slightly different matter - the effect of my change is that a lot
>of inline assignments are done in a table to make it easier to modify, but
>there shouldn't be (aside from bugs) any difference in behavior or how
>userdefs.h is used.  I didn't add any CAN_xxx symbols (but having them
>in a table does make it easier to see which restrictions had none).

I think the use of a table to regularize these settings is a good
idea.   With respect to the CAN_ANONYMOUS settings, I thought that
the setting for "bibp:" should use CAN_ANONYMOUS_GOTO_BIBP from
userdefs.h.   But I also thought parallel set ups should exist
for other schemes such as finger.  I couldn't figure out how
the setting
#define CAN_ANONYMOUS_GOTO_FINGER    TRUE
is used.   Actually, when I try finger: URLs now, I get an
unsupported scheme message whether I start lynx with -anonymous
or not.