Re: lynx-dev order of cfg reading

From: Erika Pacholleck
Subject: Re: lynx-dev order of cfg reading
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 21:42:17 +0200

( Apr-11-2001 ) Henry Nelson <--:
> If you are talking
> about running an "anonymous" or "public access" lynx, then you should
> read about that in the documentation.

> If you are talking about trying to limit certain features according to
> some criterion for a certain class of privileged
> users, then this is a system administration problem

I did some experiments with with color as example and two local test
users logging in with shell /bin/sh (passwd entry)
albert.users (only) versus
anima.users  (lynx group member = privileged)

/etc/lynx/lynx.cfg  root.root 644
-----
  # included only if readable by user (anima as lynx member)
  INCLUDE:/etc/lynx/color.cfg
  # all other values in personal should be ignored due to docs
  INCLUDE:~/.lynx.cfg:DEFAULT_USER_MODE STARTFILE

/etc/lynx/color.cfg root.lynx 640 (access for anima.users)
-----
  COLOR:1:black:lightgray (and so on)

But now albert.users does this
~/.profile : export LYNX_CFG=~/.lynx.cfg
~/.lynx.cfg: COLOR:1:red:white (and so on)
and suddenly he has his own colors which should not be possible.
What is going to happen if he sets all known cgi scripts to trusted?

If you now tell me from my example, this is an admin-only problem,
I will already be happy, because I know what part to focus on.
(And until solved compile with everything disabled)
--
Erika