lynx-dev Fwd: Lynx2.8.4

From: Patrick Ash
Subject: lynx-dev Fwd: Lynx2.8.4
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 17:01:29 +0000

I got the following message from someone who is using my build of
Lynx 2.8.4 Dev.16 for OS/2. Perhaps someone can answer the questions.
Since he is not on the list, please cc: him on the response. Thanks

Pat

I have found two problems when running Lynx2.8.4.

1. Installed WarpAmp, a MP3 player for OS/2. The beta 4 version can
be
downloaded from hobbes. WarpAmp plays MP3 files fine on my system.
Next,
modified Lynx.cfg, so that I can play MP3 files from any location. To
do
this, added the following statements to my Lynx.cfg:

SUFFIX:.mp3:audio/x-mpeg
SUFFIX:.mmp:audio/x-mpeg
# WarpAmp supports also MMP format.
VIEWER:audio/x-mpeg:START "WARP-AMP Player" WARPAMP %s

Now, when I try to play a MP3 file from Lynx the song is played for
about
16 seconds and then terminates.
I have checked the temporary MP3 files which Lynx creates. Thereby
found
that they do not match the original files. Several hex'0D' characters
are
deleted. For example the original file size is 1526342 and the file
size of
the Lynx temp file is 1526329 bytes. I've compared the files and
found that
13 hex'0D' chars are deleted. Can you check what is going wrong when
Lynx
loads large files?

2. Usually, when loading local files I use '\' chars in drive and
path. For
example j:\test\index.html. The index file is loaded, however when
trying
to activate a link within this file it fails. Checked the current URL
for
the file to be loaded (shift + E). Thereby found that drive and path
information is lost. It reads for example:
file://localhost/next.html
But it should read:
file://localhost/j:/test/next.html

Have you found this problem too? With Lynx2.8.1 I never had this
problem.

Karl

Mit freundlichen Gráen/Regards/Salutations distingu‚es,

Dr. Karl-Heinz Weirich
Tel: +49-(0)711-785-2118, Fax: -3698
E-Mail: address@hidden

Solutions for independence
Produkte, die fr sich selber sprechen
www.ibm.de/handicapcenter

IBM Deutschland GmbH
Forum - Informationstechnik fr Behinderte
Abt. 2841, Geb. 7056-04

D-70558 Stuttgart