Re: lynx-dev PATCH for lynx2.8.4dev.21

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev PATCH for lynx2.8.4dev.21
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 08:03:59 +0100 (BST)

> confuses me. I thought that directories in ftp didn't have the
> terminal slash in the URL.

They've got to, otherwise relative URLs don't work.  By analogyi, in
the case of most HTTP servers, if you leave out the /, you don't get the
page, but rather a redirect to the corrected URL; that's so that relatie
URLs work.  In the case of the remaining servers I'd expect the URL to
fail  or to return a completely different resource.