Re: lynx-dev Mailer's adress with mailto-links

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Mailer's adress with mailto-links
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 16:54:16 -0400

On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 01:29:02PM -0600, address@hidden wrote:
> In a recent note, Thomas Dickey said:
>
> > Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 12:13:35 -0400
> >
> > I usually leave the personal name empty since the email address is filled
> > in (that's set in .lynxrc, which can be setup in the options menu).  Other
> > than screen space, it's not clear why lynx doesn't do the same for the
> > personal name.
> >
> I get both preset with the entry:
>
>     address@hidden:132$ grep address= .lynxrc
>     address@hidden (Paul Gilmartin)

maybe we're talking about two different things - I based my comment on
reading the source code (I suppose it's in the users' guide).  The
corresponding screen, if I add my name in parentheses looks like this:

You are sending a comment to:
  address@hidden

Use Ctrl-G to cancel if you do not want to send a message

 Please enter your name, or leave it blank to remain anonymous
X-Personal_Name: :

 Please enter a mail address or some other
 means to contact you, if you desire a response.
 Use Control-U to erase the default.
From: address@hidden (Thomas Dickey)

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>