Re: lynx-dev Mailing from Lynx with Pine

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Mailing from Lynx with Pine
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:30:17 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002, Thomas Dickey wrote:
>On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 04:45:49PM -0800, Hart Larry wrote:
>> Hi, All,
>> Is there a way to invoke Pine from lynx when a mailto URL exists?
>
>no - the sendmail (or whatever) is configurable, but not the front-end
>stuff.  That prompts for headers and drops you into your editor.

Personally, this kind of thing -- _high level_ app choosing and communication,
is one of the big problems with using UNIX programs to do stuff.

(Gee, and all the "GUI people" think I'm a CLI person stuck using
"ancient, obsolete, hard to use" stuff..  but things like this, being able to
use a different mail program, would be a big step forward for UNIX programs.
I wish all of my mail, whether I sent it from trn, pine, lynx or links, were
saved in my IMAP sent-mail folder..)