Re: lynx-dev Is Lynx being developed for OS-X for Macintosh?

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Is Lynx being developed for OS-X for Macintosh?
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 23:23:49 -0600 (MDT)

In a recent note, Thomas Dickey said:

> Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 18:03:37 -0400
>
> I made a fix for another system where tempname also is broken, in 2.8.5dev.4
> (actually for mkstemp - would need more information to see if the fix isn't
> general enough).

<SIGH>  OS X substitutes PID for the XXXXXX and attempts to create the
file.  If creation fails, it substitutes a0, b0, ..., z0, aa, ba, ..., zz
for the first two digits of PID until it succeeds in creating a unique file.
Unfortunately, Lynx renames the generated file, so  mkstemp() never needs
to roll ahead to the next name.  </SIGH>

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL