Re: lynx-dev Links activate incorrectly

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Links activate incorrectly
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 07:52:01 +0100 (BST)

> >    The Content-Location entity-header field MAY be used to supply the
>                                               ^^^
> It doesn't sound as if there's a requirement for lynx to interpret it, then.
> Perhaps the other browsers simply ignore it.

I read this as referring to the server not the client.  I haven't checked
whether Content-Location is in HTTP/1.0, but, if it is not, and given that
Lynx requested with HTTP/1.0, the server wouldn't be able to assume that
the client would act on this information, but cannot complain if it does.

Easynet's server is definitely broken.