Re: lynx-dev That "www.lynx.com" site; needs link to FREE lynx!

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: lynx-dev That "www.lynx.com" site; needs link to FREE lynx!
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 01:05:36 -0700

Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 03:47:26PM -0400, David Combs wrote:
> > When a friend asked where he could get
> > lynx for his pc (M$), just looking around,
> > I went to "www.lynx.com".
> >
> > Whole site is about some *commercial* lynx --
> > an "embedded" lynx (whatever that is) --
> > THAT COSTS MONEY!
>
> an operating system, unrelated to the browser.

I'm pretty sure Lynx-the-OS had its name _before_ Lynx-the-browser.  So
if anyone wanted to bother anyone about names, it would be the other way
around.  Fortunately, they apparently realize that a browser and an
operating system are significantly different areas of discourse (unlike
certain companies we may have heard of...)

>Bela<

PS: sorry about the bad message earlier.  I had walked away from the
    session and the system was rebooted out from under me; apparently
    the processes were killed in an order which left my mailer thinking
    I was done editing when in fact I had only started...