Re: lynx-dev LYNX FOR MAC (with, without osx)? Exists? curPage=1998!

From: Walter Ian Kaye
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX FOR MAC (with, without osx)? Exists? curPage=1998!
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 16:46:35 -0700

At 11:47a -0600 06/30/2002, address@hidden didst inscribe upon an electronic papyrus:

In a recent note, Doug Kaufman said:

 > Lynx is available for Mac with Darwin or Mac OS X. There are binaries
 > of fairly current versions on the OSXGNU site. The "fink" project also
 > can get you a recent version of lynx. See:

I discovered the mkstemp() bug on OS X.  Fixed in latest dev release.

 > "ftp://ftp.osxgnu.org/pub/osxgnu/Networking";
 > "http://fink.sourceforge.net/";

I'm keeping these.  :-)

And my "ShimLynx" seems pretty reliable, so perhaps I'll just go ahead and write up a readme file and upload the thing as, oh, version 0.9 or so. :) For those just joining us, it's a little applet which allows you to have Lynx as your default Web browser on OS X. It's kind of an autolauncher thingie -- I don't know if there's an official term for such a program.

I wonder if there's any other way to make a UNIX app respond to a GURL Apple event. I wonder if there's time to get such a thing into Jaguar (that would be so cool).

Not sure if it's my imagination, but OS X 10.1.5 seems to be remembering my default browser whereas 10.1.3 often switched back to IE.

-boo
 back from the Dark Shadows Festival in Anaheim :)=