Re: lynx-dev OK "lynx -v"; ERROR: "lynx -v > foo.out"; WHY?

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: lynx-dev OK "lynx -v"; ERROR: "lynx -v > foo.out"; WHY?
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 08:44:24 -0400

This thread discussing unix options, which AFAIK relies on the getopts
function, is like interpretation of poll results; important to partisans,
irrelevant to the franchised, and reliable only when taken in complete
context.

I'm with Combs: stderr should not confuse an experienced user. Does the
stderr message that -v is an invalid option actually come from within lynx'
code?

 Stef