Re: lynx-dev Client side pull, revisited

From: Sebastiaan van Erk
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Client side pull, revisited
Date: 15 Sep 2002 19:02:54 +0200

On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 17:53, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> > In my opinion it would be a good solution to have a configuration option
> > much like the ACCEPT_ALL_COOKIES, that allows client side pull, which can
> > be off by default. I was even thinking along the line of maybe two options,
> > one which also allows the user also HIDE the "pseudo"-link. (It can be very
> > irritating to always land on the "pseudo"-link every time you load the page,
> > causing extra an extra keypress to be necessary to select the first form
> > field.)
> >
> > I really tried to make this application lynx-friendly (in fact, I would
> > like to recommend lynx as the browser of choice for it), but currently the
> > session expiration problem is causing users to choose another browser.
>
> why not submit a patch for lynx to implement the function?

Considering the fact that I'm not familiar with the lynx code-base, this
is quite a task for me. But assuming that nobody says, "hey, this is
easy, I can do this in 10 minutes", and assuming that there are no
objections to this functionality, I would be willing to look into it.

Greetings,
Sebastiaan van Erk