Re: lynx-dev Spawning an external curses-based program

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Spawning an external curses-based program
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:09:43 -0400

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 05:50:48PM -0700, Umar Qureshey wrote:
> Ok I tested filter.c and ncurses.c.  In fact I launched ncurses from filter.
> It seems to be working fine.  The stuff showed up on the screen.

Still guessing - looking for a clue...  Let's see - you don't have anything
like strace on that platform (which could show the actual system calls),
right?

The only bug that I recall related to initialization in lynx is this
chunk from recent fixes - but it shouldn't prevent ncurses from initializing;

#if (!defined(WIN_EX) || defined(__CYGWIN__))   /* @@@ */
        if(LYscreen || lynx_called_initscr) {
            endwin();   /* stop curses */
            LYDELSCR();