Re: lynx-dev xli -quiet

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev xli -quiet
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:50:49 -0400

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 11:37:25AM -0400, Thomas E. Dickey wrote:
> > It still repaints just after executing xli but before xli prints its
> > messages.
>
> It's hard to recall what version of ncurses Redhat is putting in an rpm.
> The patch date is printed as part of the "tic -V" message for instance.
>
> (I'll revisit this, this evening - right now I'm not on a platform where I
> can check my memory).

checking - it still works (for me, anyway).  What I did in my change for
lynx last year was to delay return to raw-mode until the first character is
pressed after invoking xli.  But there's no screen-repainting built into
that - pressing ^L does that.  However, the messages come out as expected.
I made a screen dump and put it in

        ftp://invisible-island.net/temp/lynx+xli.gif

to show what the messages look like.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net