Re: lynx-dev Lynx Browser and FunctionKeys

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx Browser and FunctionKeys
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 19:03:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Bernd Kaufmann wrote:

> I would use the Lynx Browser for a special Intranet solution running Lynx on
> a DOS 6.22 Machine and the user would navigate through an application with
> the
> FunktionKeys.
>
> So I have a questions about the Lynx Browser.
>
> Is there a way to navigate through a web-application with the
> FunctionKeys. (e.g. submit button1 with <F1> submit button2 with <F2>..)?

I am not sure that I understand exactly how you want this to work.
You can map the function keys to any "lynx action" you wish with the
KEYMAP function. If that doesn't do what you want, you should be
able to create customized actions using the cernrules mechanism. See
"cernrules.txt" in the "samples" directory of the lynx distribution.

Specifically for the DJGPP compilation, the standard function keys can
be mapped if you compiled with PDCurses. If you want to be able to map
more complicated key combinations (e.g. ALT-F3, CTRL-F3), then you
need to compile with SLANG and the DJGPP Keyhandler option. See the
files "djgpp.key" and "pdcurses.key" in the "docs" directory of the
lynx distribution.
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman