Re: lynx-dev Dillo

From: Petr Baudis
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Dillo
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:42:59 +0200

Dear diary, on Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 12:57:42AM CEST, I got a letter,
where Philip Webb <address@hidden> told me, that...
> 020926 Petr Baudis wrote:
> > "JavaScript required everywhere" is not true from a large part.
> > most of the sites are perfectly functional without JavaScript
> > & if they use it, frequently only for additional eyecandy or convenience.
> > Sure there are places where it's a no-go
>
> the really big problem is the 'Go' button, which surely could be handled
> with a small amount of time to do a simple AD HOC hack: TD?

I'm not sure what do you mean with this.. in ELinks we solve this by adding
'submit form' to any form item's context menu, thus enabling to submit a form
even without a submit button, which is a blessing when their submit button is
just a pointer to some javascript validation thing.

> another day of trying Dillo for my news-reading shows it's the fastest,
> but it can't get AP photo enlargements on the Yahoo news site (JS),
> trips badly formatting Washington Post stories (some invisible, some clumsy)
> & showed one story (via Linux Today) against a dark blue background (wrong).
> however, it is explicitly only an alpha, so it shows great promise.
> i'm back to Galeon + broadband, but Lynx is vital for e-mailing stories
> & still very useful eg for local HTML help files.
>
> again if only, Glynx 3.0 : cp Gvim vs Vim vs Vi ... (sigh)

Hmm.. just out of interest, how slower do you think Links is against Dillo?

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

* IRCnet operator                  * FreeCiv AI occassional hacker
.
<Beeth> Girls are like internet domain names, the ones I like are already taken.
<honx> Well, you can still get one from a strange country :-P
.