Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.9

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.9
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:51:47 -0400

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 03:05:55PM -0600, address@hidden wrote:
> In a recent note, Thomas Dickey said:
>
> > Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 21:09:00 -0400
> >
> > 2002-10-06 (2.8.5dev.9)
> >
> Was this rejected?

no - I wanted to think about that one some more.  I didn't look closely
at it til this past weekend, and when I did, was concerned about the
comments in lynx.cfg:

        # The no_proxy variable can be a comma-separated list of strings
defining
        # no-proxy zones in the DNS domain name space.  If a tail substring of
the
        # domain-path for a host matches one of these strings, transactions
with that
        # node will not be proxied.

which let me suspect there could be problems with conflicts of the sort

        http://proxy.my-localhost

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net