Re: lynx-dev SSL problem.

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev SSL problem.
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:05:52 -0400

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 07:21:25PM +0100, Michel SUCH wrote:
> We have a problem connecting to the following link with latest lynx.
> http://webmail.t-online.de
>
> There, Karl has created a test account:
> the userid is:
> weirich.sindelfingen
> the password is
> karin123
>
> Lynx connects but returns garbage on screen.
>
> Karl tells me that it worked until version 2-8-5 dev7.

I just built/tested dev.7, and get something that looks ok.
I just built/tested dev.8, and get something that looks bad.

If you can leave the test account up for a few days, I may have time to
debug it on the weekend.  I have a hunch it is related to this change,
since that is a difference in the traces:

* add check for HTTP headers using Netscape extension "Refresh", and if found,
  add a corresponding refresh-url at the beginning of the document.  Fixes
  Debian #126723.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net