SSL problems - lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.9

From: Ari Moisio
Subject: SSL problems - lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.9
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 19:01:00 +0300 (EEST)

Hi!

  I get following error when connecting to some https sites:
SSL error:self signed certificate in certificate chain-Continue? (y)

  Example:
 https://pda.osuuspankki.fi

  If site requires basic authentication it will give same error but
after 'y' Lynx will ask user name  but use previous error message as
prompt text. Confusing - unles someone's userid is 'y':-> Password
prompt is normal.

  sorry no example here, this is our intranet server.

--
Mr. Ari Moisio, Niittykatu 5, 41160 Tikkakoski
gsm: +358-40-5055239, icq: 164241561