lynx-dev A couple comments/questions on Lynx's File Upload handling

From: [simoN]
Subject: lynx-dev A couple comments/questions on Lynx's File Upload handling
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 03:18:36 -0400

so... i have watched the slow evolution of the "Experimental
  File Upload" handling in Lynx... and while i have mostly stuck
  to the "release" versions of Lynx... my curiosity on whether
  it would work better for me took over and i checked out 2.8.5dev9...

well... i noticed that the patch added some time ago for text
  files DOES work... (even though they... like all other uploaded
  files with Lynx... don't seem to inform the server very well
  about the Content-Type of the file)...
but the binary files still seem to give problems...
  in that... either most servers don't recognize Lynx's
  base64 MIME-encoded files... OR they would recognize them
  but Lynx doesn't tell them specifically enough what they are...
  as the resulting upload is always base64 MIME-encoded text...
  instead of the original file...

and me... i just wondered if anyone else was interested
  in this... or knows how to make it work...

toodles for now...

[simoN]