Re: lynx-dev http://www.spacew.com/plots.html

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev http://www.spacew.com/plots.html
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:29:18 -0400 (EDT)

On 22 Oct 2002, Clemens Fischer wrote:

> address@hidden:
>
> > Near the beginning of your page at http://www.spacew.com/plots.html,
> > there's the markup:
> >
> >     <!-- Hiding script from older browsers
> >
> > However, I see no matching "-->" which would end the hiding, so I can
> > not view the page with an older browser, even though it apparently
> > contains classical HTML, apparently to support older browsers.
>
> that's odd!  maybe it has to do with "old-style" comments, because w3m
> renders the site ok.  and there really is no "-->" to match the
> comment start ...

is that w3m with the rudimentary javascript support?  The page has several
variable assignments which are substituted into the text of the page after
the script terminates - mostly for mouseover events.  So it could be that
w3m is interpreting the remainder of the text as script output.

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net