Re: lynx-dev http://www.spacew.com/plots.html

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev http://www.spacew.com/plots.html
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:58:42 +0900 (JST)

> > The page displays as PW indicated if I use tagsoup mode, but not sortasgml.
> > There's probably other factors involved.

Probably.  A non-closed "comment", especially the "<!--" variety,
requires different treatment from a non-closed "tag."  I would prefer
that such a page be rendered in SortaSGML mode as it was with previous
versions, e.g., Lynx 2.8.4dev.15 (21 Dec 2000), the latest I have
available to test.  SortaSGML has a different error recovery heuristic
from TagSoup; it doesn't mean SortaSGML has no error recovery at all.
                              ^^^^^
> and it has the closing comment right before the </SCRIPT> tag.
>
> whaddaya say, folx!

It's great that they took the trouble to fix their page.  Still, Lynx's
error recovery could stand a little review in light of this case.

__Henry