Re: lynx-dev path of gzip

From: Ian Collier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev path of gzip
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:51:22 +0000

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 05:39:13PM +0100, Clemens Fischer wrote:
> Ian Collier <address@hidden>:
> > Lynx seems to think gzip is /usr/local/bin/gzip, but that doesn't exist
> > although /usr/bin/gzip does.  I don't have to recompile Lynx, do I?

> as a workaround you might just do "ln -s /usr/bin/gzip
> /usr/local/bin/gzip".

Hmm, don't like that much.  It seems to be local sysadmin policy to cut
down on redundant things in /usr/local/bin and we have a whole network
of these (Solaris 9 *) boxes.

Why not just recompile, I hear you ask?  Well, that would mean the
Solaris 7 boxes on the same network (which don't have /usr/bin/gzip)
would stop working!

imc
--
* Solaris 9 does come with a copy of Lynx in the Sun Freeware collection,
  but it's 2.8.3 and doesn't contain support for https URLs.  It's also