Re: lynx-dev Invalid cookies

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Invalid cookies
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 11:08:53 +0900 (JST)

First, thanks to all who replied.  (Lynx-dev is still the best Internet
education ml around!)

> > Is this related to why you'd get a "Moved permanently" warning with:
>
> >     "http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month112002";, but
>
> >     "http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month112002/";
>
> > would send you directly to the page?
> No, it is unrelated. "Moved permanently" is a server redirect message,

Hmmm.  Wonder if "Moved permanently" is such a good message for Lynx to print
on the status line, then.  One reason I never translated that string is that
I didn't understand the context that Lynx would present it.  I'll probably
translate something like "The server has redirected you.  (Forget a trailing
slash?)."  Maybe someone knowledgeable and good with words will think of a
more appropriate message for Lynx to show.

__Henry