Re: lynx-dev Re: [CHRPM] lynx-2.8.5-0.11mdk.dev.8

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: [CHRPM] lynx-2.8.5-0.11mdk.dev.8
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 06:56:39 +0000 (GMT)

> If there is no one ready and able to enforce the GPL for lynx, then
> it is a matter for conscience and ethics rather than law. With the

No.  The problem is that any one of the copyright owners can block
an exception, in respect of their code, forcing a rewrite of that
code, even though you need all of them to permit one.  The copyright
documentation status of Lynx is a liability.  I'm not aware of anyone
to which this applies in this case, but one cannot be sure.