Re: lynx-dev dev.10 progress

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev.10 progress
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 19:15:58 -0500

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 01:43:28PM +0300, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
> 19-Nov-2002 21:01 Thomas Dickey wrote:
>
> > It's something to do with the pool-allocation.  valgrind is probably showing
> > me the problem that I'm looking for, e.g., this (repeated a lot of times):
>
> Still I cannot figure the source of problems with line->date .

I have an idea about it (perhaps a mistaken sense of how the pool logic works),
but haven't found time to debug it yet.  This has been one of those months
where lots of programs are broken, so the ones that I've been working on are
the ones where the broken code is already released.

> Try the attached patch. It reverts changes related to allocation of lines
> in pool. Perhaps this will help to isolate the problem since the patch is
> relatively small and straight forward. (Allocation of anchors left in pool).
>
> [Also I would like to ask you to add -p flag to diff command
> when creating snapshots or patches at lynx.isc.org/current/
> so it became more readable with a function names.]

diff -p sounds fine, but it doesn't seem to work for lynx (probably
gets confused by the PUBLIC and PRIVATE markers).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net