Re: lynx-dev Disabling Big5 warning delay

From: Carlton Anderson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Disabling Big5 warning delay
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 04:34:19 -0800 (PST)

--- address@hidden wrote:
> Sometimes I
> receive messages in Big5 or another encoding.
> It doesn't matter to me that the
> HTML may not be displayed correctly, because
> it's usually spam.  If so, I just
> exit immediately.  But I would like to disable
> the delay at all times.  Is this
> configurable?
>
> John

In your lynx.cfg file, you could look at changing
INFOSECS, MESSAGESECS, or ALERTSECS.

But I don't know how to disable the delay
specifically
for one particular type of warning, and changing
these options affects the delay of all messages.

Another possible option for you might be to
define
a charset switch rule (CHARSET_SWITCH_RULE in
lynx.cfg).
You could tell lynx to use some other character
set
when it sees big5 encoded pages; that might
disable
the warning message and enable you to exit more
quickly.