lynx-dev dev.9 question

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev dev.9 question
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:00:06 -0500 (EST)

At <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ > is a public Wiki.  I use lynx to visit
these pages quite regularly, editing pages when appropriate.

The process of editing the page is to first visit the page, then select
the "Edit {insert title of page here}" submit button.  At that point,
lynx displays a text box with the contents of the page in it.

I then move into the text box, instruct lynx to invoke my personal editor
with the contents of the box.  I do my editing, and leave my editor.

A small percentage of time, Lynx asks me if I want to wrap the lines,
and I say no (seeing as I do not care to accidentally break source code, etc.)
A small percentage of the times I am asked if I want to wrap the lines, Lynx
indicates at this point, I believe, that it is wrapping the lines anyways.

This I don't understand.  Lynx was able to allocate lines large enough
for the data when first generating the page.  So there should not need to
be a case where Lynx cannot allocate buffers large enough for the lines.

Has anyone looked at this part of the code?  Is this something that might,
perchance, be improved in the upcoming dev.10 release?

--
Tcl - The glue of a new generation.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ >
Larry W. Virden <mailto:address@hidden> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>