Re: lynx-dev Re: FTP URL handling errors in lynx 2.8.4rel.1

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: FTP URL handling errors in lynx 2.8.4rel.1
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 10:10:06 -0500 (EST)

From: David Balazic <address@hidden>

> Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote :
>
> > On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 03:14:38PM +0100, David Balazic wrote:
> > > P.S.: Is there an official bug tracking system for lynx ?
> > > Why not ? :-)
> >
> > are you volunteering to run it?
>
> Why ? sourceforge.net and savannah.gnu.org are already running
> each one. And there are others too.

I think there is a semantical disconnect here.

When Thomas talks about 'running it', I suspect he doesn't mean "
are you volunteering to load the software on your machine , configure it,
etc.  Rather, I suspect he means "are you volunteering to manage the
bug reports, sort out duplicate reports, assign problems to programmers,
close out reports, etc.".

The former support (providing CPUs, disk space, software) is provided by
sourceforge or savannah.nongnu.org .  The latter is expected to be provided
by a project.
--
Tcl - The glue of a new generation.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ >
Larry W. Virden <mailto:address@hidden> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>