lynx-dev image-button delivers wrong name/key-pairs ?

From: pilsl
Subject: lynx-dev image-button delivers wrong name/key-pairs ?
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:03:57 +0100

from lynx 2.7 up the following image-button should show the alt-tag
and submit the following keypairs:

testname.x=0
testname.y=0

<input type="image" name="testname" src="http://www.goldfisch.at/goldfisch.gif";
alt="goldfisch">

I tested lynx 2.8.4 and lynx 2.8.5 on different linux-machines and got
displayed as expected, but
submit the following keypairs:

.x=0
.y=0

which is some vital part missing. I searched the docs and the archives and
didnt find any hint.

I've put online two working examples to

http://www.goldfisch.at/temp/t1.html

and

http://www.goldfisch.at/temp/t2.html

In the latter case I've two buttons and from the submitted params its
undeterminable which button was pressed.

I also tried adding a nonstandard value-tag but it didnt change
much. (only the content of value is displayed instead of alt like
expected)

where is my mistake ??

thnx,
peter