Re: lynx-dev FORCE_SSL_PROMPT:NO

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: lynx-dev FORCE_SSL_PROMPT:NO
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:43:04 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks very much for this. I had forgotten to export
SSL_CERT_FILE and SSL_CERT_DIR. Lynx now finds commercial and "imported"
certs.

Is there somewhere that this could be documented? I don't
mind doing a step by step write up of the procedure
(download cert, convert to pem format, rehash, set
environment vars, export), instead of people having to
wade through the list archive.

--Stef

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> extract the file called "cert.pem". Put it in the default location
> for your OpenSSL distribution (probably /usr/local/ssl). The file
> is derived from the ca-certs distributed by Microsoft with Internet
> Explorer. For proper security, you should use only certs that you
> obtain from a trusted source, but you should be able to use my file
> for testing purposes.
>                                Doug
> --
> Doug Kaufman
> Internet: address@hidden

10:25PM  up 2 days, 23:24, 1 user, load averages: 0.11, 0.22, 0.24
OpenBSD 3.3 i386 Intel Pentium (P54C) ("GenuineIntel" 586-class)