Re: lynx-dev searching the archives

From: Eduardo Chappa
Subject: Re: lynx-dev searching the archives
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 08:35:10 -0700 (PDT)

*** Thomas Dickey (address@hidden) wrote in the Lynx list on Sep 10, 2003:

:) >   I am trying to look for an old discussion in the archives. I went
:) > to http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/, where the last link takes you to
:) > "Searching the Lynx-Dev Archives". Well, it does not quite take you
:) > there. Does someone have the right URL?
:)
:) I recall the discussion (or one of them ;-).  But searching flora is
:) something that I've not done well.

Thank you Thomas,

Do you know who is in charge of Flora?. Someone needs to correct that
link. It does not look that lynx be "associated" with those who hacked
that page.

:) >   What I am trying to look for is a discussion where there was a
:) > person reporting that with the SHOW_KB_RATE option his modem could
:) > not keep up with it, so he experienced a delay, or so. Can't quite
:) > remember. If you knwo what I am talking about and have a link to that
:) > discussion, I'd appreciate it. If not, maybe the link that I am
:) > asking above will help.
:)
:) The discussion I recall was essentially that the number of characters
:) used to keep the screen updated for SHOW_KB_RATE was rather high.  It
:) should be updated rather infrequently, but there are tradeoffs in
:) portability.

Ok, thanks. That's pretty much what I recall too. I hope I can find the
link to that discussion.

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/