Re: lynx-dev time for 2.8.5 proper

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev time for 2.8.5 proper
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 17:01:29 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 address@hidden wrote:

> 031231 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 address@hidden wrote:
> >> it's high time there was a release called '2.8.5'.
> > yes -
>
> good!
>
> > agreed - if I don't get distracted by something else,
> > I'll complete dev.17 during this week.
>
> as i'm sure you realise, my point is re version-numbering,
> not your careful & conscientious work on Lynx.

I understand that - my point is that releasing code with loose ends is
not a good thing to do.  My goal for dev.17 has been to tie those off
so we'll have a releasable program.  Since this sort of activity takes
a lot more time than normal development, it's not really feasible to do
it concurrently with other releases or focused development.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net