Re: lynx-dev Re: getting extra lines above a textarea

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: getting extra lines above a textarea
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 19:19:32 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Henry Nelson wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 07:04:01AM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Henry Nelson wrote:
> >
> > > No one commented on this, and I still don't see what's wrong with the
> > > html to trigger Lynx to stuff in two extra blank lines.  I've translated
> > > [...]
> >
> > I did notice it, but haven't studied it yet to see what the issue is
> > (sorry).
>
> Actually, I put it out hoping some of the html gurus on the list would
> first verify that it's valid html and that someone else sees the "problem".
> Only then does it seem worthwhile to delve into the code.  Please never be
> sorry.

tidy and wdg-validator seem happy with it.

2.8.4 has the extra line (so I'm thinking that it's not a new bug - if it
were, I'd stop & see where it came from).  So it's something to look at
more closely after 2.8.5.

It seems to me that the <div> is what does it - perhaps a flag that
doesn't get reset on the <h2>.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net